Saturday, March 29, 2014

South slope.  I've envisioned doing a series of "mini terraces" on both sides of the slope with a free form path down the center.  Will use non-perforated drain tubing from the downspout at the top of the slope with a splitter so that there is drain tubing coming down each side.  Whereever the tubing is horizontal in one of my little terraces, I'll drill holes in the bottom of it so that water drains slowly through a series of such places as the tubing travels down the slope.  Need to pass it by Dave but I think it will work and I can create some planting spaces on that slope.  I'll put small boulders in front of each terrace and back them with landscaple cloth to keep the soil from washing through the rocks.  Am eager to work on my first one.

No comments:

Post a Comment