Thursday, March 27, 2014

Beehives

I'm looking for a place for my two topbar hives.  The Food Coop of Iowa is holding an open house at the Mickle Center starting at 4pm.  I'm going and will ask them about putting the hives there.  They are putting in a commercial cooperative kitchen there and are interested in community gardening as well.  It would be a very good place as it's so close that I can see it from my house.  Two bee packages arriving the end of April and I would love to have the hives located and ready to receive them by then.

1 comment:

  1. This morning I met with the Sherman Hill gardening group at Ray New's house. Steve Bryce showed me an area behind the Mickle Center that would be perfect for the hives. Ray knows Nelda Mickle personally and, after he saw one of my topbar hives and how beautiful it is, he is going to approach her about putting the hives there. I can see the Mickle Center from my house so it would be the next best thing to having them in my own yard. I'm hopeful that it will work out.

    ReplyDelete